E.C. Thomas and Son Funeral Directors and Memorial Masons is responsible for providing access to this statement to all individuals when collecting/processing their personal data.All employees of E. C. Thomas and Son who make contact with individuals are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the attention of the individual and agree to the processing of their data.
By requesting our services you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Where we request sensitive personal data we will always give you the reason for our request and explain how it will be used.You may withdraw consent at any time by asking us to update your preferences.
Disclosure of Data
- C. Thomas & Son will only pass on your personal data to the third parties you have selected, as part of your funeral arrangement or those to whom we are legally obliged. Information collected by E. C. Thomas and Son may be used for the processing of legal documentation on behalf of the Regional NHS Trusts, HM Coroner, The Superintendent Registrar, Solicitors, Funeral Planning Trusts and Local Authority Burial and Crematorium officers, together with the fulfilment of a contract between us and our clients to carry out a funeral arrangement. This may involve a member of the clergy, a funeral celebrant, local musician, florist and caterers, all specifically contacted to ensure the funeral arrangement is carried out in a dignified and professional manner.
Golden Charter Funeral Plans
- Should you take out a funeral plan through E.C. Thomas and Son, your data will be passed on to Golden Charter Trust. For further information about the way data is used please visit https://www.goldencharter.co.uk/privacy-policy.
Retention of Data
This information is processed using a database and is recorded as a written document consisting of the funeral detail for as long as is necessary to fulfil the funeral services, requested. Data will be held for as short a time as possible, however some data may be kept for up to 20 years in order to fulfil possible requests from local and national law enforcement parties i.e. for exhumation purposes.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by E. C. Thomas and Son or any of the third parties mentioned above. Please contact our office on 01834 831876, however you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office: Tel 0303 123 1113 or visit their website www.ico.org.uk